Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restoring Old iPad to Default Factory Setting?

How do I to Restore to Default Factory Settings on my old iPad without it interfering with my new iPad since the new iPad has the same ID, Apps, and information as the old one because of transfer? I am afraid that it might delete everything on my new iPad as well. I want to give it to my husband. Thank you in advance for any prompt replies.

iPad, iOS 10

Posted on May 27, 2020 2:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2020 3:25 PM

If you have already set up your new iPad, all you need to do is follow steps 1 through 8 in the section titled "Remove your personal information from your old device" in What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Those steps include signing out of iCloud (step 3).

Those steps will also remove all of your information from the iPad (step 4) and they will not delete anything that you're not supposed to delete. They won't affect anything on your new iPad.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2020 3:25 PM in response to Journeylady

If you have already set up your new iPad, all you need to do is follow steps 1 through 8 in the section titled "Remove your personal information from your old device" in What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Those steps include signing out of iCloud (step 3).

Those steps will also remove all of your information from the iPad (step 4) and they will not delete anything that you're not supposed to delete. They won't affect anything on your new iPad.

Restoring Old iPad to Default Factory Setting?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.