Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Just bought a new iPad and all the info is now shared with my old iPad. How do I restore my old iPad to factory settings without changing anything on the new iPad?

Just bought a new iPad and all the info is now shared with my old iPad. How do I restore my old iPad to factory settings without changing anything on the new iPad?

iPad Air, iPadOS 15

Posted on Apr 9, 2022 5:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2022 6:25 AM

.Perhaps if the old iPad were removed from the iCloud, then restored to original iPadOS.

..that would allow no other content to be imported or sync'd to from the new iPad..

[Isolate older one through settings, if needed; so it cannot get any other content later.]

These may help:

• Sell or give away your iPad - Apple Support

• Erase iPad - Apple Support

How to factory reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

(Or maybe needed: Article more inclined suggestions 'how to restore' iPad)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 9, 2022 6:25 AM in response to Karlee4849

.Perhaps if the old iPad were removed from the iCloud, then restored to original iPadOS.

..that would allow no other content to be imported or sync'd to from the new iPad..

[Isolate older one through settings, if needed; so it cannot get any other content later.]

These may help:

• Sell or give away your iPad - Apple Support

• Erase iPad - Apple Support

How to factory reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

(Or maybe needed: Article more inclined suggestions 'how to restore' iPad)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.