Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone XR ringer volume is too soft and quiet

My iPhone XR ringer is ringing too softly

iPhone XS

Posted on May 27, 2020 10:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2020 11:57 PM

1. Have someone call you when your iPhone is NOT in your hands and you are not looking at it. Does the iPhone ring normally?
  2. Have someone call you when you ARE holding the iPhone in your hands and looking at it. Does the iPhone ring softly?

If the answer is YES to both of the questions then the iPhone is working normally.

In point 2 above, this is part of the Attention Aware Feature of the iPhone. When the iPhone has your attention while you are looking at the screen (typing, reading websites or working with an app), then it automatically reduces the sound because it knows you are looking right at it so no need to issue loud notifications.

You can turn this feature off if you want by opening Settings Accessibility Face ID & Attention Attention Aware Feature set this to OFF.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2020 11:57 PM in response to alannine

1. Have someone call you when your iPhone is NOT in your hands and you are not looking at it. Does the iPhone ring normally?
  2. Have someone call you when you ARE holding the iPhone in your hands and looking at it. Does the iPhone ring softly?

If the answer is YES to both of the questions then the iPhone is working normally.

In point 2 above, this is part of the Attention Aware Feature of the iPhone. When the iPhone has your attention while you are looking at the screen (typing, reading websites or working with an app), then it automatically reduces the sound because it knows you are looking right at it so no need to issue loud notifications.

You can turn this feature off if you want by opening Settings Accessibility Face ID & Attention Attention Aware Feature set this to OFF.

Axel F.

My iPhone XR ringer volume is too soft and quiet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.