Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issues connecting my iOS device to Apple Tv

Hi, I have lost my Apple Tv remote and when I try connecting my iOS device to Apple TV, it gives me a code to enter in the TV and not vice versa. Since I cannot access the settings on the Apple Tv, I cannot enter the code and this cannot connect my iOS device. Please help

Posted on May 28, 2020 3:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2020 4:28 AM

Ok, if your Apple TV is a 2nd or 3rd gen then this is normal behavior. Gen 4 and later will show a code on the iOS device instead. Looks like you need to get a new, physical remote if you do have in fact a 2nd or 3rd gen Apple TV:

If you have an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd Generation), wait for a four-digit code to appear on your iOS device. Then go to Settings > General > Remotes on your Apple TV, select the name of your iOS device, and enter the four-digit code. If your remote is broken or missing, contact Apple Support.​​

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 28, 2020 4:28 AM in response to sarthakkhattar

Ok, if your Apple TV is a 2nd or 3rd gen then this is normal behavior. Gen 4 and later will show a code on the iOS device instead. Looks like you need to get a new, physical remote if you do have in fact a 2nd or 3rd gen Apple TV:

If you have an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd Generation), wait for a four-digit code to appear on your iOS device. Then go to Settings > General > Remotes on your Apple TV, select the name of your iOS device, and enter the four-digit code. If your remote is broken or missing, contact Apple Support.​​

Issues connecting my iOS device to Apple Tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.