Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

restore contacts

My daughter logged into her account from my phone. She logged back out later but her contacts are now on my phone and mine are gone. How do I restore mine? I have tried to do so through icloud but to no avail.Any advice?

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on May 28, 2020 5:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2020 6:26 AM

Contacts are neither stored locally on an iPhone nor in SIM. They are synced to an email account that you had Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

1. How many Contacts account (email client server) you have?
  2. What is your default Contacts Account?
  3. Which email account you are using to store Contacts?

• See the GIF below for Contacts and Default Account

• Learn how to add an email account and make it default (Watch the GIF)
  • This example is for Gmail but the process remains same for all Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 28, 2020 6:26 AM in response to olddog58

Contacts are neither stored locally on an iPhone nor in SIM. They are synced to an email account that you had Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

1. How many Contacts account (email client server) you have?
  2. What is your default Contacts Account?
  3. Which email account you are using to store Contacts?

• See the GIF below for Contacts and Default Account

• Learn how to add an email account and make it default (Watch the GIF)
  • This example is for Gmail but the process remains same for all Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

May 28, 2020 8:40 AM in response to olddog58

If your contacts were associated to iCloud and accidentally replaced due to your daughter signing in, there is a chance you can recover them from iCloud.com from a computer. Login to your Apple ID > Account Settings > Advanced > Recover Contacts. If you were previously using contacts, a list of dates will appear and you can select to which date you want to revert to. If the contacts are no longer there still, they could have been stored locally and merged with your daughters when she signed in, which means they are tied to her Apple ID now. They can be removed, but it takes a little more poking to get it done.

restore contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.