Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

content caching

i am trying to enable content caching in my network ,all my users have public ip addresses and the content caching is on another public ip address ,

see attached output from content cache server ip address 95.129.2.250 and client is 95.129.5.28

thanks in advance

Posted on May 28, 2020 6:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2020 2:45 PM

Did you configure those same public IP address ranges into System Preferences > Sharing > Content Caching > Advanced Options... > Clients > My local networks: use custom public IP addresses? See https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/enable-content-cache-discovery-multiple-mchld4ab5cdc/mac.

If that's not the problem, are your devices on the same local subnet as your content cache? If not, did you configure System Preferences > Sharing > Content Caching > Advanced Options... > Clients > Cache content for: devices using the same public IP addresses?

Remember that if you change your content cache's configuration in any way, you'll need to restart your other devices (such as the Mac at 95.129.5.28 above) for them to notice the change right away.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2020 2:45 PM in response to nadim211

Did you configure those same public IP address ranges into System Preferences > Sharing > Content Caching > Advanced Options... > Clients > My local networks: use custom public IP addresses? See https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/enable-content-cache-discovery-multiple-mchld4ab5cdc/mac.

If that's not the problem, are your devices on the same local subnet as your content cache? If not, did you configure System Preferences > Sharing > Content Caching > Advanced Options... > Clients > Cache content for: devices using the same public IP addresses?

Remember that if you change your content cache's configuration in any way, you'll need to restart your other devices (such as the Mac at 95.129.5.28 above) for them to notice the change right away.

content caching

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.