Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage Read Receipts not working

iMesaage read receipts in iOS 13.5 do not work. I have tried every suggestion available: Turn off, restart, turn on. Nothing works. Please help. Thank you.

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 13

Posted on May 28, 2020 7:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2020 8:57 AM

Thank you! I knew I was not the only one having this issue. Unfortunately, I think the only resolution will be an update push from Apple.

9 replies

May 28, 2020 7:23 AM in response to 2-hapy

Your activation of Read Receipts does not enable you to see anything. If you turn on Read Receipts, people that you send messages to will see that you have read it. For you to see a Read Receipt, the person that you have sent a message to needs to have turned it on. Are you sure they have Read Receipts turned on? Have you received notice from someone that you sent a message to that they read a message and you do not see a notice?

May 30, 2020 2:23 PM in response to 2-hapy

I would say this is not a wide spread problem, since there has not been a lot of talk. I also have my iPhone and iPad working on iOS 13.5 and both are getting Read Receipts since I updated.

Try going to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings, the power the device off and back on again and then test your iMessage. See if receipts are received after that. Resetting Network Settings will also remove all of your wi-fi passwords as well, so you will have to enter them again.

iMessage Read Receipts not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.