Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Carrier name constantly scrolling

Hi, how do you stop carrier's name from constantly scrolling at top of phone? Never had that problem before. Just purchased the new SE, so I'm guessing it has to do with that phone. It is very annoying, I can't read, text or watch anything online without seeing that constant movement. Help!!!

Posted on May 28, 2020 8:41 AM

7 replies

May 28, 2020 9:22 AM in response to sunny_side

That's strange, and I'm clueless. I never read / heard about that carrier's name "annoying movement".

I've noticed that some carriers, in this coronavirus period, added some words to their name (i.e. Stay safe, or Stay home, etc) but they move very slowly and aren't so annoying.

Have you tried to contact your carrier and ask them for a spare SIM card, so that you can give it a try?

Giulio

May 28, 2020 9:44 AM in response to ProustGiulio

Thank you for trying to help. Two days after having the phone, I had to contact Apple because I was having problems making and receiving calls...after that was fixed and I had hung up with tech, I had the constant scrolling. Not sure if a new SIM card will solve the problem. Ordered the phone from Boost (my carrier since Virgin Mobile transferred to them) and the carrier said "Sprint" (who owns Boost) and no scrolling. After my convo with Apple, my carrier now says Virgin Mobile and is scrolling. Guess I will have to borrow a phone to call them again.

Jun 2, 2020 10:48 AM in response to ProustGiulio

Hi Giulio :)

Apparently the problem was with my carrier, not the phone. After an hour on the phone with 2 different people, it has been resolved. They had me update carrier several times and entering various different codes. It kept changing to Sprint for a few seconds, then back to scrolling Virgin Mobile. Finally, they got it to change to Boost and no scrolling! The scrolling was driving me crazy!!!

Thanks again for trying to help me!

Take care,

Angela

Carrier name constantly scrolling

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.