Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my wireless provider continuously scrolling in the upper left area of my iPhone 8?

Why is my wireless carrier information in the uppermost left corner of my iPhone 8 screen scrolling continuously? This has never happened in the past two years and has just recently started to occur...??

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 14, 2020 7:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2020 10:13 AM

Scrolling of your carriers name is not in of itself indication of a security issue. It's been some time since I owned an iPhone with a home button such as iPhone 8. It may be entirely different on your screen compared to the newer screens with Face ID with reduced space for status indicators.

Similar questions

3 replies

Oct 14, 2020 10:05 AM in response to lobsterghost1

Ty for replying... the carrier information is scrolling when I have my iPhone 8 unlocked on Home Screen and other screens that have apps displayed, scrolling while I am actively using a particular app has been inconsistent...sometimes scrolling, other times fixed. I have had my iPhone 8 for 2+ years with the same wireless carrier the entire time. The carrier info had never scrolled continuously, and just started in the last two weeks. It started without any precipitating activity (including iOS updates or changes to my account settings).

My primary concern is that my iPhone security has been compromised. A google search on the scrolling issue in general resulted in multiple links about jail breaking and/or rooting phones. My wireless carrier is Verizon, and they weren’t mentioned in as a carrier that has a problem with this issue.

Thank you!

Why is my wireless provider continuously scrolling in the upper left area of my iPhone 8?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.