Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Imessages Text replies

I get messages on my Mac but I can't send the text and I have tried logging out and logging in again and again but it does not work why? When I got this Macbook Air i could send text on imessages but suddenly it stopped and now I can't. Please help!!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on May 28, 2020 9:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2020 9:54 AM

By itself, your Mac can only send and receive iMessages.

If you have an iPhone, you can connect it to your Mac and you will then be able to send and receive SMS messages from your Mac.

How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your iPad, iPod touch or Mac - Apple Support

5 replies

May 29, 2020 8:50 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

It still doesn’t work I’ve turned on my Mac from my iPhone for sending and receiving messages. I’ve logged out from iMessages on my Mac and my iPhone. I even logged out from my Apple ID and logged in again it still doesn’t work. Literally I’ve done everything what you and google said but it doesn’t work. I don’t know what’s wrong.

Imessages Text replies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.