Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

High Sierra Update issues

I got a notification that an security update was available for my older MacBook Pro (Mid 2011) this morning. I have never had any problem with a security update.

After “updating,” now the computer won’t start up. All I get is the Apple Logo with “cross out circle” over top of it. Why? What did I do wrong?

I have restarted from the “Recovery” disk and will started Re-installing the OS.

Has anyone else reported any issues with this new “update?”

MacBook Pro, OS X 10.11

Posted on May 28, 2020 11:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2020 7:10 AM

The update is useful for at least one thing, a more secure version of Safari. If you use a different browser, and you are careful about your internet security regardless, you should be in good shape. When you are ready to upgrade to a newer system, please keep in mind that could change your compatibility for specific applications and hardware.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 30, 2020 7:10 AM in response to BDAqua

The update is useful for at least one thing, a more secure version of Safari. If you use a different browser, and you are careful about your internet security regardless, you should be in good shape. When you are ready to upgrade to a newer system, please keep in mind that could change your compatibility for specific applications and hardware.

High Sierra Update issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.