Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New phone

Hi! I just bought a new iPhone but I don’t want my old photos or anything from the old phone. I’m setting my new phone up now but I was wondering if I should make a new Apple ID so that it doesn’t upload to my new phone? And if I do make the new Apple ID, are the new pictures and everything on a separate cloud?

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 13

Posted on May 28, 2020 1:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2020 1:22 PM

If you use a new Apple ID, the new pictures and everything are on a separate cloud.

If you create/use a new Apple ID, you will lose access to some of your data and the purchases made with your existing Apple ID.

Apple ID - create a new.      

Apple ID – Create        

Apple ID - Could Not Create or Could Not Set Up iCloud message.    

You can try setting up Family Sharing between the IDs if you want to be able to share purchases made with the IDs.

Family Sharing.         

Family Sharing - Set up.       

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 28, 2020 1:22 PM in response to Andreaalfaro

If you use a new Apple ID, the new pictures and everything are on a separate cloud.

If you create/use a new Apple ID, you will lose access to some of your data and the purchases made with your existing Apple ID.

Apple ID - create a new.      

Apple ID – Create        

Apple ID - Could Not Create or Could Not Set Up iCloud message.    

You can try setting up Family Sharing between the IDs if you want to be able to share purchases made with the IDs.

Family Sharing.         

Family Sharing - Set up.       

New phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.