Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i set up my old iphone for a kid

I want to set up my old iPhone 6 plus for my kid? how do I do so? and is there anything for apple. Like family link that android has?

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 13

Posted on May 28, 2020 2:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2020 2:22 PM

See this Apple support article for resetting the phone—>What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support then create a new Apple ID using the phone for your child. You can create a Family Sharing group if you want to manage your child’s phone—>Family Sharing - Apple Support as well as share content (selectively) among family members.

Here’s information on parental control options—>Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 28, 2020 2:22 PM in response to 406Montana406

See this Apple support article for resetting the phone—>What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support then create a new Apple ID using the phone for your child. You can create a Family Sharing group if you want to manage your child’s phone—>Family Sharing - Apple Support as well as share content (selectively) among family members.

Here’s information on parental control options—>Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

May 28, 2020 2:26 PM in response to 406Montana406

Well, for starters, I would not recommend using a iPhone for a kid. First of all, it has cellular data meaning it can call people using phone numbers, although it depends on the age of the kid.

You might want to settle on a iPod Touch.

iPod touch - Apple

If you still want to settle on a iPhone, use parental controls.

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

REMEMBER, erase the phone first.

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

how do i set up my old iphone for a kid

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.