Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Camera is not connected in my apple mac Maverick

my camera is not connected. even i have tried different methods to resolve the issue but it is not working.

i have tried with the terminal language like entering the command of "Sudo killall Assistant" but still it is not working.

can you please help me to resolve the issue?

MacBook

Posted on May 28, 2020 8:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2020 9:06 PM

Hello,

Thank you for clarifying that. Are you using your Mac’s built in FaceTime Camera or a USB webcam? Which application are you attempting to use this camera with? Does this camera work in an application like FaceTime or PhotoBooth?

8 replies

May 28, 2020 9:12 PM in response to faiza291

Hello,

Unfortunately if this camera is not working with built in Macintosh applications then it sounds like a hardware problem. If your Macintosh is running macOS 10.9 then it is past Apple’s 1-year warranty period which means that you would essentially be paying for a new Macintosh if you had Apple repair it. Alternatively you could purchase a Macintosh compatible USB webcam. You would need to ensure that the camera you potentially purchase supports this legacy version of macOS. Alternatively you could update your Macintosh (if it supports a newer version of macOS).

How to upgrade to macOS 10.10 Yosemite - Apple Support

How to upgrade to macOS 10.11 El Capitan - Apple Support

How to upgrade to macOS 10.12 Sierra - Apple Support

How to upgrade to macOS 10.13 High Sierra - Apple Support

How to upgrade to macOS 10.14 Mojave - Apple Support

How to upgrade to macOS 10.15 Catalina - Apple Support

Camera is not connected in my apple mac Maverick

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.