You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is it so hard to get a refund on an accidental purchase from the App store?

Why is it so hard to get a refund on an accidental purchase from the App Store? What can I do? They say that my purchase does not meet conditions for a refund. I don't understand. I called in immediately after the purchase occurred. It is not as if I waited a week or a month or something.

Posted on May 28, 2020 8:43 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 28, 2020 11:10 PM

You are not speaking to Apple, this is a user to user community. 

We are unable to help with refunds, account issues or purchases  

Try applying for a refund here - Request a refund for apps or content that you bought from Apple – Apple Support

Or Contact Apple Support - Contact - Official Apple Support

3 replies

May 28, 2020 11:23 PM in response to Jamesd49

I know that this is not Apple. I was just hoping that somebody knew something that I did not about getting a refund. I have called twice. The 2nd time I called, I spoke with a Supervisor. I have filled out the little forms. I have done everything that I have seen on the support site. I don't know what else to do. I was just hoping maybe somebody had another way to deal with this. I just feel that they are not even taking the time to look at the situation. It just seems like they just give me an automatic response. The customer service is absolutely horrible. Any other suggestions.

Why is it so hard to get a refund on an accidental purchase from the App store?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.