Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I would like to know what is the software that it wants to update? iPhone? A driver, iTunes, the OS? Tell me more before I click install

I connect my iPhone (iOS 13.4.1) to my MacBookPro (Mohave 10.14.6) I am prompted to install software to connect.

I would like to know what is the software that it wants to update?

A driver, iTunes, the OS?

Tell me more before I click install

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on May 29, 2020 8:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2020 11:34 AM

If you havent plugged your iOS device into your computer in some time, iTunes may require some additional drivers in the background to properly talk with iOS13. The prompt you are likely talking about is coming from you plugging in the device and iTunes launching prompting "hey i need something before i can talk to this product". You are fine. Install away.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2020 11:34 AM in response to Post-EmployedNerd

If you havent plugged your iOS device into your computer in some time, iTunes may require some additional drivers in the background to properly talk with iOS13. The prompt you are likely talking about is coming from you plugging in the device and iTunes launching prompting "hey i need something before i can talk to this product". You are fine. Install away.

May 30, 2020 9:29 AM in response to Post-EmployedNerd

Did you install the update to iTunes as rust_jthm’s suggested? It is a minor update to iTunes that you must install in order to be able to sync an iOS device. I thought that Apple had a kb article about it at one point but I can’t find it.

Is this what you are seeing? Check out the very first image in this discussion.

What software update is needed to connect to iPhone 7?

I would like to know what is the software that it wants to update? iPhone? A driver, iTunes, the OS? Tell me more before I click install

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.