Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Kernel Panic after sleep mode since High Sierra and up tu Catalina

Since High Sierra and up tu Catalina, each time my Macbook enters sleep mode, it wakes up with a kernel panic report. If I install Sierra, it works perfectly, but any upgrade ends with a machine incapable of sleeping without a panic report after waking.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 29, 2020 11:12 AM

Similar questions

6 replies

May 29, 2020 1:05 PM in response to Arturo Barreda

Please uninstall the software that installed "com.intel.kext.intelhaxm 7.5.1" and be sure to uninstall this extension. Disconnect all external peripherals except the Apple keyboard and mouse to see if the problem ceases.

What third-party software is running whenever the computer goes to sleep? One or more may be incompatible, thus, causing the kernel panic when put to sleep. This could be an app you are running or e printer driver.

Dealing with Kernel Panics

Disconnect any third-party peripherals including any USB hubs. How to use safe mode on your Mac, Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support then boot the computer into Safe Mode: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support and Playing Safe- what does Safe mode do? See Diagnosing problems- crash, freeze, panic, or spinning beach ball?, Don’t Panic! Understanding & Troubleshooting Kernel Panics in macOSHow to fix kernel panics after installing OS X updates | MacIssues, and If your Mac restarted because of a problem - Apple Support.

Kernel panics are indicative of possible hardware failure, so you should Check your Mac with hardware diagnostics or AHT. Kernel panic logs are found in: /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/ folder.

If you have no success figuring what is happening then you may need to examine the software you have running when the panics occur. Be sure it’s all current. If you must to resolve the problem erase the disk and reinstall macOS. Follow this outline to reset the computer to the factory-new state: Factory reset of your Mac - Apple Support.

Boot Into Safe Mode

1. If your Mac isn’t already shut down, then shut it down and wait at least 30 seconds before rebooting.
  2. Immediately, at or before the chime, press and hold down the SHIFT key. 
  3. Release the key after the Apple logo and progress bar appear.
  4. Safe mode startup is much slower than normal startup, so be patient.
  5. When the Login Screen appears enter your admin password. If you use automatic login, then this means you are in safe mode.

May 31, 2020 10:05 AM in response to Kappy

It didn't work. I uninstalled the "com.intel.kext.intelhaxm 7.5.1", that came from Android Studio and the result was exactly the same. Since High Sierra (APFS) it has been the same with each and every OS up to Catalina. I've got two MacCraps Pro, exactly the same. The first one has all the software updates and the other one was formatted and back to Sierra OS (after this exact failures). That one works perfectly. Not a single error. This one instead, keeps throwing an average of 5-7 daily errors. It just can't wake from sleep mode. I've reset NVRAM, PRAM and whatever RAM may exist and nothing happened. I uninstalled and reinstalled software and nothing happened.

Jun 15, 2020 1:08 PM in response to Arturo Barreda

Since there are multiple threads about this unresolved issue I'd like to bump this and add my configuration as well.

As of today with a 10.15.5 2019 16-inch Pro I am seeing this on a daily basis.

My configuration:

• Ultrawide samsung monitor connected with HDMI via Apple's dongle
  • Power plugged into separate port

May 31, 2020 4:09 PM in response to Kappy

Already tried and no change. The only way I can use this computer is keeping it from sleeping, otherwise, failure prevails. If I close the lid and leave it for a while, it will surely fail. I don't remember if High Sierra changed the format to APFS, but it's working now with Catalina 10.15.5. It began failing after upgrading to High Sierra and since then, at least 3 failures per day.

Kernel Panic after sleep mode since High Sierra and up tu Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.