Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Repeatedly Experiencing Kernel After Installing Panic Monterey 12.2

I recently installed Monterey 12.2 and have been experiencing kernel panic ever since, to the point that my MacBook Pro was basically worthless. Please note that I do NOT use any external devices; I am only using the machine itself so no mouse, monitor, external hard drive, etc. Fast forward to crash, crash, crash . . . I wiped the hard drive, reinstalled Catalina OS, upgraded to Monterey again and the machine crashed. I read about the issue and, like everyone else, it seems that the Mac going to sleep is the issue that is crashing my machine. I changed the settings and voila - so far no more crashes. Is this the fix that everyone else used to correct this issue? The repeated crashing is quite frustrating, especially for a machine that is about one year old. Is Apple planning to find the root cause of this and fix the issue?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Feb 20, 2022 4:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2022 8:38 AM

socks0807 wrote:

I recently installed Monterey 12.2 and have been experiencing kernel panic ever since, to the point that my MacBook Pro was basically worthless. Please note that I do NOT use any external devices; I am only using the machine itself so no mouse, monitor, external hard drive, etc. Fast forward to crash, crash, crash . . . I wiped the hard drive, reinstalled Catalina OS, upgraded to Monterey again and the machine crashed. I read about the issue and, like everyone else, it seems that the Mac going to sleep is the issue that is crashing my machine. I changed the settings and voila - so far no more crashes. Is this the fix that everyone else used to correct this issue? The repeated crashing is quite frustrating, especially for a machine that is about one year old. Is Apple planning to find the root cause of this and fix the issue?

Kernel Panics are predominately caused by hardware faults or faulty third-party kernel extensions.

Learn what to do if your computer restarts or shuts down unexpectedly, or you get a message that your computer restarted or shut down because of a problem.

If your Mac spontaneously restarts or displays a ... - Apple Support

If your Mac restarted because of a problem - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2022 8:38 AM in response to socks0807

socks0807 wrote:

Kernel Panics are predominately caused by hardware faults or faulty third-party kernel extensions.

Learn what to do if your computer restarts or shuts down unexpectedly, or you get a message that your computer restarted or shut down because of a problem.

If your Mac spontaneously restarts or displays a ... - Apple Support

If your Mac restarted because of a problem - Apple Support

Repeatedly Experiencing Kernel After Installing Panic Monterey 12.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.