Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pre -ordered

I preordered a new album that it’s out today, I even got notified through email that I can download and play but iTunes music is not letting me download or play any of the songs, what can I do to fix this issue?

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on May 29, 2020 12:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2020 5:51 AM

Hello Artpopinwonderland,

I understand you've been unable to play or download pre-orderd music you purchased. I'd like to see if I can help you get this resolved.

The first thing I recommend doing is restarting the device you're trying to download the music on. Restarting is a simple step that can solve a lot of different issues. If the music doesn't download or play after restarting, sign out and then back in to iTunes and try downloading that content again. If you're using an iOS device, you can sign out by tapping on your Apple ID in Settings > iTunes and App Stores. If you're using a Mac, go to iTunes > Account. Sign back in using the same steps on those devices. Please note that if you're subscribed to Apple Music you will have to redownload songs you previously downloaded for offline listening once you're signed back in.

If you continue to experience the same issue, contact Apple Support next: Contact Apple Support.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 31, 2020 5:51 AM in response to Artpopinwonderland

Hello Artpopinwonderland,

I understand you've been unable to play or download pre-orderd music you purchased. I'd like to see if I can help you get this resolved.

The first thing I recommend doing is restarting the device you're trying to download the music on. Restarting is a simple step that can solve a lot of different issues. If the music doesn't download or play after restarting, sign out and then back in to iTunes and try downloading that content again. If you're using an iOS device, you can sign out by tapping on your Apple ID in Settings > iTunes and App Stores. If you're using a Mac, go to iTunes > Account. Sign back in using the same steps on those devices. Please note that if you're subscribed to Apple Music you will have to redownload songs you previously downloaded for offline listening once you're signed back in.

If you continue to experience the same issue, contact Apple Support next: Contact Apple Support.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care.

Pre -ordered

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.