Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Released album stuck in preorder

I preordered an album expecting it to download when it was released. It was released a week ago but I’ve not been charged nor has the album moved from preorder status in my account. When will I be able to get the music I preordered?

Posted on Mar 16, 2023 6:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2023 7:09 AM

See -> View or cancel pre-orders for apps, films, music or books

View or cancel pre-orders for apps, films, music or books – Apple Support (UK)

⤵️

What happens when your pre-ordered item is released

When your pre-ordered item becomes available, your payment method is billed and you receive an email. If you turned on automatic downloads, the item is downloaded automatically to the device you used to buy it.

If you can't see a pre-ordered item on your device after it has been released, find the item in your purchases and download it. If the item is an app or game, you can also find it in the App Store and tap or click Get.

If the purchase can't be completed

If a billing issue stops your purchase from being completed when your pre-order is released, you'll get an email. You'll need to update your billing information before you can download the item.

If you still need help, get more help and assistant from Apple directly, see Contact Apple for support and service -> Contact Apple for support and service – Apple Support (UK) 

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2023 7:09 AM in response to Amerimnos

See -> View or cancel pre-orders for apps, films, music or books

View or cancel pre-orders for apps, films, music or books – Apple Support (UK)

⤵️

What happens when your pre-ordered item is released

When your pre-ordered item becomes available, your payment method is billed and you receive an email. If you turned on automatic downloads, the item is downloaded automatically to the device you used to buy it.

If you can't see a pre-ordered item on your device after it has been released, find the item in your purchases and download it. If the item is an app or game, you can also find it in the App Store and tap or click Get.

If the purchase can't be completed

If a billing issue stops your purchase from being completed when your pre-order is released, you'll get an email. You'll need to update your billing information before you can download the item.

If you still need help, get more help and assistant from Apple directly, see Contact Apple for support and service -> Contact Apple for support and service – Apple Support (UK) 

Mar 17, 2023 8:49 AM in response to Raicya

I have:

updated my payment info -that is not the issue-I’ve made and been charged for other purchases.

I contacted support both chat and phone and was told to “be patient & wait for the album to be released to me”

it’s been a week.

the album still remains in my preordered items.

I do not wish to cancel the item because the preorder cost was substantially less than full price. This the dilemma.

Released album stuck in preorder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.