Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Line title imported from iMovie Project

New to FCP, I imported a project into FCP from iMovie and there are several titles in the iMovie project that use the "Line" title that has text above and below a line that grows out to the left and right end of the text. When the project is imported into FCP the problem is that the line does not stop at the end of the text as it did in iMovie. How can I fix this or edit this? I thought that in FCP it would at least perform as in iMovie. Am I missing a way to fix or edit this? There does not seem to be any title similar to this in FCP. Thanks

Posted on May 29, 2020 12:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2020 12:25 AM

I remade the Line title from iMovie for you:

https://fcpxtemplates.com/product/sc-line/ (free)

with some extra features. I changed the default font to Helvetica Neue Light, but you can use any font you want. The center line is adjustable so it can be made to fit just about anything. You can select which line of text to match the length of the line to.

Hope you find it easier to use than the iMovie version! Link to installation instructions on that page if you need them.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 30, 2020 12:25 AM in response to RS77

I remade the Line title from iMovie for you:

https://fcpxtemplates.com/product/sc-line/ (free)

with some extra features. I changed the default font to Helvetica Neue Light, but you can use any font you want. The center line is adjustable so it can be made to fit just about anything. You can select which line of text to match the length of the line to.

Hope you find it easier to use than the iMovie version! Link to installation instructions on that page if you need them.

May 29, 2020 1:01 PM in response to RS77

The title doesn't come across the same. The tracking is different in the two applications and the font sizes might be different. You can't really adjust it very , because the line control seems to be fixed rather than based on text. If you're careful you could use the crop function in the Viewer to trim off the line if it's too long.

May 29, 2020 10:18 PM in response to RS77

I didn't have that problem. The title imported into FCPX exactly the same as it was in Motion. The text is editable in FCPX. Even though all the available fonts in iMovie are available in FCPX (they both have the same embedded resources), this particular Title uses Avenir Book, which should be installed in your System fonts. If you happened to have removed Avenir, your problems might be due to font substitutions.

The titles should be editable in FCPX (although not all that intuitively). Select the text in the Viewer then you should see the Text inspector come to the front in the inspector column. You can select and change all the available parameters of the text in there.

Line title imported from iMovie Project

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.