Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trackpad on 2019 MacBook Pro Will not click

My trackpad ON my MacBook Pro has stopped clicking. I can tap but it does not click. I'm currently using Mojave. If someone can help me fix it I would appreciate it. I am not looking for a work around as I edit and clicking and dragging is a must. Your help is appreciated.

Posted on May 29, 2020 2:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2020 1:40 PM

Hi Aeysir, 

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. 

I see that you have an issue with the trackpad on your MacBook Pro 2019. I want to help. You can try a couple of resets. Neither will affect your data.  

You can reset the SMC. Here’s How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

If that doesn’t help, let’s reset the NVRAM. Here’s how to Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

If you need further assistance after following those steps, you may want to reach out to Apple Support directly for a possible hardware issue. Reach out here: Get Support

Best Wishes!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 31, 2020 1:40 PM in response to Aeysir

Hi Aeysir, 

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. 

I see that you have an issue with the trackpad on your MacBook Pro 2019. I want to help. You can try a couple of resets. Neither will affect your data.  

You can reset the SMC. Here’s How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

If that doesn’t help, let’s reset the NVRAM. Here’s how to Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

If you need further assistance after following those steps, you may want to reach out to Apple Support directly for a possible hardware issue. Reach out here: Get Support

Best Wishes!

Trackpad on 2019 MacBook Pro Will not click

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.