Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

error 100008

Hi guys! Ive started making videos recently and EVERY time I try to export every movie, I receive the message saying "export failed. error 100008". I have exhausted every option and frankly am just sick of it. I record clips on my XS and import them to my photo library. when I go to make the videos the clips all of the sudden have black screen blips. Ive tried removing the problem clip and adding it back in but no luck still. The movie will has export and freeze on now frame for the remaining time left on the video. My computer is updated.

It happens multiple times with every video I have ever made but my sisters have NEVER experienced th issue before.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance!

MacBook

Posted on May 29, 2020 3:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2020 3:36 PM

The Error 10008 is a rendering error that is usually caused by some corruption somewhere in the project, although it might be hard to find. The black screen blips that you mention are indications of corruption. Removing and adding back in a corrupt clip will not change anything. But other things like mixed formats and positions of titles, incompatible frame rates, and so on can cause the issue. Or it can be project related, that can be cured by copy and pasting into a new project.

What format, resolution, and frame rate are the clips from your iPhone XS? What operating system and iMovie version are you using? Have you updated both? Try importing and sharing out media from a device other than your iPhone and see if the problem persists. Try importing a video from one of your sisters' phone, since they are not having the problem. Try using a video converter like the free download Handbrake to convert the clips to Mp4/AAC, even if they are already in that format. You can get Handbrake here:

https://handbrake.fr/

Take a look at this thread for some various solutions that have worked for others:

Help with iMovie- Error message 10008

Some solutions that have worked:

1. Create a duplicate of the project and export that.

2. Reposition titles. (Also can try changing the fonts in titles in case of a corrupted font.)

3. Convert your clips to .mov or Mp4 -- no mixed formats among clips.

4. At the point where the movie stops rendering, find that point in the project and remove some frames before and after.

5. Copy and paste the project into a new library.

6. Update both operating system and iMovie version to current.

Sorry you are having this trouble. Nothing to do but keep experimenting until you can pinpoint the point of corruption.

-- Rich

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2020 3:36 PM in response to ryannleigh

The Error 10008 is a rendering error that is usually caused by some corruption somewhere in the project, although it might be hard to find. The black screen blips that you mention are indications of corruption. Removing and adding back in a corrupt clip will not change anything. But other things like mixed formats and positions of titles, incompatible frame rates, and so on can cause the issue. Or it can be project related, that can be cured by copy and pasting into a new project.

What format, resolution, and frame rate are the clips from your iPhone XS? What operating system and iMovie version are you using? Have you updated both? Try importing and sharing out media from a device other than your iPhone and see if the problem persists. Try importing a video from one of your sisters' phone, since they are not having the problem. Try using a video converter like the free download Handbrake to convert the clips to Mp4/AAC, even if they are already in that format. You can get Handbrake here:

https://handbrake.fr/

Take a look at this thread for some various solutions that have worked for others:

Help with iMovie- Error message 10008

Some solutions that have worked:

1. Create a duplicate of the project and export that.

2. Reposition titles. (Also can try changing the fonts in titles in case of a corrupted font.)

3. Convert your clips to .mov or Mp4 -- no mixed formats among clips.

4. At the point where the movie stops rendering, find that point in the project and remove some frames before and after.

5. Copy and paste the project into a new library.

6. Update both operating system and iMovie version to current.

Sorry you are having this trouble. Nothing to do but keep experimenting until you can pinpoint the point of corruption.

-- Rich

error 100008

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.