Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

error code -8072

Hey everyone. I am exporting a video from Adobe Media encoder to an external hard drive. When I go to rename it I get a message that says "An unexpected error occurred (error code -8072)." I've looked this up but everything I've seen says it has to do with not being able to delete a file. Which is not what I'm trying to do. Does anyone know how to troubleshoot this? Would greatly appreciate it!

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Oct 18, 2020 9:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2020 10:57 AM

What are you trying to do when you get that error?

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode?

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches & loads safe Drivers, & prevents loading of 3rd party extensions, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2020 10:57 AM in response to WyattDmp

What are you trying to do when you get that error?

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode?

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches & loads safe Drivers, & prevents loading of 3rd party extensions, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

error code -8072

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.