Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error Code -1309????

I am trying to copy two mp4 video files (4.30 GB + 4.86 GB) to a thumb drive that already has a couple of mp4 files, but still has sufficient empty space (14.3 GB available).

At the end of the copy activity, I get this error message: "The operation can't be completed because an unexpected error occurred (error code -1309)."

Get Info for the two new and the two old video files on the thumb drive show they are to be opened with the Quicktime app and the error code message shows a yellow triangle at the base of the QT icon.

The two files already on the thumb drive have accompanying .srt files. The two I'm working with today do not. They were made as screen-capture videos using the QuickTime app. I am trying to put them onto the thumb drive for viewing on my TV.

Can anyone help me determine the problem? Thanks in advance for your help.

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Sep 25, 2021 8:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2021 10:20 AM

Maybe a simple question is what file system Format is the External Thumb drive?? Fat 32 format has limitation on files sizes larger than 4 GB where exFat has a larger capacity for larger files.

3 replies

Error Code -1309????

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.