Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

the music library file cannot be saved. an unknown error occurred (13010)

A fix was posted but I can't locate the Genius file in iTunes. Is there another fix more current? I'm running Catalina.

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 29, 2020 7:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2020 10:20 AM

Do you have Time Machine set up? If so you could try restoring the Music Library.musiclibrary file (package) from some time before you first ran into this issue. Failing that you may have to delete the library file completely and then reimport your media into a new library file. This however would lose ratings, play counts, date added, etc.

tt2

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 30, 2020 10:20 AM in response to em_kellesvig

Do you have Time Machine set up? If so you could try restoring the Music Library.musiclibrary file (package) from some time before you first ran into this issue. Failing that you may have to delete the library file completely and then reimport your media into a new library file. This however would lose ratings, play counts, date added, etc.

tt2

May 30, 2020 10:35 AM in response to turingtest2

This problem started when I installed Catalina. I lost my iTunes and had to restore it by hand. There was nothing in the Music folder at all until I restored my songs from my external hd, and then Music created the Library.xml the first time I played a song. Now, every time I make a change to Music, add or delete or even update info on tracks, I get this error. I'm completely baffled by this problem.

the music library file cannot be saved. an unknown error occurred (13010)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.