Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to update purchase date for warranty

I purchased Macbook Air from Amazon.in on 25/5/2020. When I tried to validate warranty at https://checkcoverage.apple.com/ it shows some error message like this:

We’re unable to validate your product’s purchase date.

I tried to call India customer support number @1800 4254 6839 and @000 800 100 9009 but both numbers are not connecting. I sent and email to Apple support but got a reply that they cannot assist over email!

Please someone let me know how to update purchase date.

Thanks

Jayesh

Posted on May 29, 2020 10:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2020 3:25 PM

Refer to Correct the purchase date or expiration date for your AppleCare Agreement and scroll down to the link To update your purchase date, send Apple your proof of purchase.

There may be contact options other than those you tried, but that's all anyone knows.

3 replies

Jun 1, 2020 1:26 AM in response to John Galt

Thanks John Galt. I tried the links you have provided and somebody called me from Apple support. I explained the issue and she told me that she will be sending a email and I shall send proof of purchase to validate. This all happened on Sunday morning and till now I didn't get any email or now I am unable to talk to any support person. I am just worried about the warranty. Do I have to register at Apple to activate warranty or just serial number is enough?

Apple support is really annoying!!!

Unable to update purchase date for warranty

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.