Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp Problems

So, I've been trying to install bootcamp on my macbook for what feels like forever now. I thought that this try would be the one. I got into windows and immediately disabled windows updates and driver updates. It worked for a bit and I began installing applications and in the middle of downloading one it froze. I let it simmer and it was looking like it wouldn't unfreeze any time soon so I powered it down manually. I turn it back on and I just get the spinning dots on a black screen. Its been doing that for about 23 minutes so far and I'm sure it will go indefinitely until I kill it again. What have I done wrong? I used a USB 2.0 flashdrive and used the very specific .iso file that the last support person I talked to told me to use. Please help.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on May 29, 2020 11:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2020 4:19 PM

Create a Windows System Restore point. Be aware that W10 will try and force the latest updates and try to get you to W10 1909, which has issues with trying to run a SysPrep, and typically fails at 93% during update.

9 replies

May 31, 2020 1:55 AM in response to Loner T

So, I've run into the same problem again. I disabled windows updates and driver updates and changed all of my settings before connecting to the internet. I created a restore point too. I connected to the internet and got google chome and then I walked away and it went to sleep. I came back to turn it back on and start installing software, and I have a black screen with the white loading dots spinning around. been 20 minutes so far when usually it loads in 20 seconds. So another line on a long list of failures of my bootcamp experience. How do I solve these endless problems.

Bootcamp Problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.