You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ez audio converter

HI. I am running OS Catalina 10.15.4 Have just bought an Ion Power Play LP vinyl converter. The software it uses is EZ Audio Converter. I can install it but it won't run and I get the error:

"The developer of this app needs to update it to work with this version of macOS. Contact the developer for more information."

Is this just another app that I cannot run because Upgraded to Catalina? Does anyone have any idea how I could get this to work. Presumably I could uninstall Catalina but don't really want to do that.

Thanks for any ideas.

Posted on May 30, 2020 3:17 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 30, 2020 3:39 AM

FWIW, according to Ion's website EZ Audio Converter is only compatible up to macOS 10.14. Which may mean it's a 32bit app. Unless they are planning to update it your options are, downgrade to Mojave, install Mojave to a separate APFS volume, or install Mojave as a virtual machine in Parallels, VMWare or VirtualBox. I'm only guessing their software will work in a VM.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 30, 2020 3:39 AM in response to stambridge

FWIW, according to Ion's website EZ Audio Converter is only compatible up to macOS 10.14. Which may mean it's a 32bit app. Unless they are planning to update it your options are, downgrade to Mojave, install Mojave to a separate APFS volume, or install Mojave as a virtual machine in Parallels, VMWare or VirtualBox. I'm only guessing their software will work in a VM.

ez audio converter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.