Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Jailbreak

one of the security apps in my iPad shows that my iPad is jailbroken. I don’t have any cydia app. What to do now? I want to unjailbreak.

Posted on May 30, 2020 5:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2020 2:04 AM

If you are concerned that you iPad is jailbroken, ensure that you have an iCloud or iTunes backup of your data - then follow this procedure to completely reinstall a fresh copy of iPadOS:

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201252

This procedure will reinstall the most up-to-date version of iPadOS/iOS that your device can support, reset the system and all settings to factory state - and, optionally, restore you data from your iCloud or iTunes backup.

That’’s it - done - clean - safe.

One other learning point; to keep your device secure, never divulge your AppleID and password or your device passcode to anyone. Keep your device under your control. If someone has access to your device and have your credentials, only then are you obviously at risk.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 31, 2020 2:04 AM in response to Heisone

If you are concerned that you iPad is jailbroken, ensure that you have an iCloud or iTunes backup of your data - then follow this procedure to completely reinstall a fresh copy of iPadOS:

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201252

This procedure will reinstall the most up-to-date version of iPadOS/iOS that your device can support, reset the system and all settings to factory state - and, optionally, restore you data from your iCloud or iTunes backup.

That’’s it - done - clean - safe.

One other learning point; to keep your device secure, never divulge your AppleID and password or your device passcode to anyone. Keep your device under your control. If someone has access to your device and have your credentials, only then are you obviously at risk.

Jailbreak

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.