Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot get a verification code because the phone number it is sent no longer exists

Hello, deer Apple support!

I have problems with my son's Apple ID. The fact is that his Apple ID has two-level protection. In order to log in to their account, we need to enter a one-time password, which is sent to the old phone number. The phone number that was listed as a verified device no longer exists. We just stopped using it and blocked it. We can't find the recovery code. This was 21.01.2016 year. We know the main password to log in to Apple ID, but we can't log in to it on a new device. Can you help us and remove the two-level verification of our Apple ID? We can confirm our Apple ID by email and answer security questions. Thank you in advance!

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on May 30, 2020 6:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2020 6:41 AM

See if anything here helps.  If necessary, you can use account recovery as explained in the link at bottom of the article.

Verification code - how to get one and sign in with two-factor authentication.   

3 replies

May 30, 2020 6:23 AM in response to Andrey_Xs

See Two-factor authentication for Apple ID https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204915 and more specifically the section entitled Can I turn off two-factor authentication after I’ve turned it on? This section says: 

"If you recently updated your account, you can unenroll within two weeks of enrollment. Just open your enrollment confirmation email and click the link to return to your previous security settings. Keep in mind, this makes your account less secure and means that you can't use features that require higher security."

This quote emphasizes the security-related importance of two-factor authentication. I would not turn it off even if you are able to. Another reason for not turning it off is that if you use two-factor authentication, then you no longer will have a need for security questions. They are turned off when two-factor authentication is activated.

I cannot get a verification code because the phone number it is sent no longer exists

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.