Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I add Junk folder to Mail?

Hi all,

I have two XR's i've bought for my son and daughter and I've set everything up, however the one thing I can't seem to resolve is the addition of the Junk folder in Mail.

No matter what I do, be it go through accounts, mail settings, add mailbox in the App directly etc, I can't add the Junk folder.

Why is this and how do I resolve?

Regards

Mitch

Posted on May 30, 2020 8:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2020 7:39 AM

Hey Mitch,

I see that you have concerns with the Junk folder not appearing in Mail.

Depending on the email service that you have, have you attempted to log into the website to see if the Junk folder appears there? You can sometimes control more settings for the account by logging into the email service provider's website.

If you're still having trouble, let us know the email service provider you have.

Cheers!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2020 7:39 AM in response to Mitchell Peplow

Hey Mitch,

I see that you have concerns with the Junk folder not appearing in Mail.

Depending on the email service that you have, have you attempted to log into the website to see if the Junk folder appears there? You can sometimes control more settings for the account by logging into the email service provider's website.

If you're still having trouble, let us know the email service provider you have.

Cheers!

Jun 1, 2020 3:10 PM in response to Mitchell Peplow

Hi i_rina,

Both iPhones are using Apple's Mail service and have @iCloud email addresses.

I've not yet logged into iCloud (my work laptop won't let me) to see if I can add it from there, but I'm sure I never had to perform such a task on my iPhone X or my wife's 8?

Obviously I'll report back when I've tried logging into iCloud, but I thought it worth mentioning in case it helps narrow the possible solutions.

I also find it strange that in the main Mailbox list, you have All Sent, All Bins and All Archive, yet no All Junk. Why do you think that's not a selectable option?

Regards

Mitch

Jun 4, 2020 2:10 PM in response to i_rina

Good news, all fixed!

I logged into both iCloud accounts and clicked on the Junk folders as I mentioned in my last post. Didn't think any more of it and just logged out.

I've just opened Mail on both phones and what magically appeared before my eyes . . . the Junk folder!

How the **** that works is anybody's guess. Why would it be the only folder not shown and just by logging into iCloud and checking Mail (maybe clicking on Junk initiated something?) the folder appears on the phone. Seems like a bug to me.

Anyway, solved!

Thanks for your time and help, much appreciated.

Regards

Mitch

Why can't I add Junk folder to Mail?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.