Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why do I have two junk mail folders?

I have two Junk Mail folders.

The junk mail goes to the bottom Junk Mail folder. Even though I turned off I can choose to send emails from the bottom folder to Junk mail which moves it to the top Junk Mail box.

My problem is I have emails going to junk mail I don't want to go to Junk mail. I've added them to my contacts, added them to VIP, still they go to Junk mailbox folder.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jul 15, 2022 7:31 AM

11 replies

Jul 17, 2022 8:39 AM in response to Barney-15E

Thanks for the reply. However I had turned off my Junk mail filtering as a test.

I clicked Reset and now Enable Junk Mail filtering is checked.

I don't know why I have a second folder marked junk. Even after deleting it, it reappears.

The Mailbox behavior is set to go to the Junk Folder with the X in it and yet the junk mail First goes to the junk plain folder.

Jul 17, 2022 3:03 PM in response to Barney-15E

I called apple support. I went through the shut down completely, wait 30seconds, start again. deleted the plain Junk folder on iCloud.com web version. After a few minutes a new junk mail arrived and both the web version and Mac Mail the fake junk mail folder appeared again. I have a ticket number and at my next free time, I'll call back in with that number. I'll keep this updated. Thanks again.

why do I have two junk mail folders?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.