Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

“Log in from the paired iPhone” coming up on Facebook Messenger app on Apple Watch series 4

Hi there,

I’ve never had this issue before, but when I tried to open the Messenger app today a message came up saying I have to log on from the paired iPhone. If someone messages me on messenger, the notification still comes up on the watch but I can’t actually open the app on the watch. Ive tried restarting the phone and watch, uninstalling and reinstalling the messenger app on the phone and watch and turning Bluetooth on and off on the watch and phone. None of these methods worked. The phone is updated to the latest iOS and the watch is on the latest WatchOS.

Someone Please Help!

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 6

Posted on May 30, 2020 11:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2020 11:02 AM

Hello, this happened to me today and what I did was remove the app from my iPhone and then downloaded it again while having the watch by my phone and when I logged into messenger on my phone I had the messenger app pulled up on my watch and I logged into messenger and the watch started to load and automatically logged in. Hopefully this helps.

Similar questions

166 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2020 11:02 AM in response to KGPaul

Hello, this happened to me today and what I did was remove the app from my iPhone and then downloaded it again while having the watch by my phone and when I logged into messenger on my phone I had the messenger app pulled up on my watch and I logged into messenger and the watch started to load and automatically logged in. Hopefully this helps.

Jun 1, 2020 11:38 AM in response to KGPaul

Howdy KGPaul,

It’s great to have you in the Apple Support Communities! I gather that you haven't been able to open the Messenger app on your Apple Watch, despite taking quite a few troubleshooting steps. I'm happy to guide you.

Based on the steps you’ve already tried, working with the developer of that app would be the best way to continue. The links here will help you do that: Facebook Help Center | Facebook

How to contact an app developer

Best regards.

Jun 4, 2020 7:50 AM in response to KGPaul

i had this issue as well and this is what worked for me:

1. Log out of your Facebook account
  2. delete the Messenger app on your phone & Apple watch
  3. Re-install the Messenger app on both the phone and Apple watch (via the app store on the phone & the watch)
  4. Open the Messenger app on your Apple watch
  5. Proceed to log into the Messenger app on your phone while the app is open on your Apple watch
  6. Apple watch should come good and show any messages in Messenger
  7. Log back into Facebook again.

This has fixed the issue for me so far. I have an iPhone 6S Plus & an Apple watch Series 5. I hope this fixes the issue for everyone else as well.

Jun 4, 2020 7:53 AM in response to AdiMicu

i had this issue as well and this is what worked for me:

1. Log out of your Facebook account
  2. delete the Messenger app on your phone & Apple watch
  3. Re-install the Messenger app on both the phone and Apple watch (via the app store on the phone & the watch)
  4. Open the Messenger app on your Apple watch
  5. Proceed to log into the Messenger app on your phone while the app is open on your Apple watch
  6. Apple watch should come good and show any messages in Messenger
  7. Log back into Facebook again.

This has fixed the issue for me so far. I have an iPhone 6S Plus & an Apple watch Series 5. I hope this fixes the issue for everyone else as well.

Jun 11, 2020 5:31 PM in response to sindri178

1. delete messenger from phone and whatch
  2. download messenger in phone.
  3. turn moble data off and on in settings under Messenger.
  4. restart iphone
  5. download messenger in whatch
  6. log out of facebook in phone
  7. log in messenger in whatch
  8. log in messenger in phone with facebook loged out.

this worked in the last try, after doing this many times, but first try with “settings/Messenger/moble data off then on” and restart phone.

Jun 2, 2020 4:56 AM in response to Wanghanglo78

Hi Guys,

I had the same problem with my series 5 yesterday.

I did remove messenger from IPhone first,

Then removed from apple watch in apple watch itself and,

Then install again on IPhone from apple store and install on apple watch

from apple store directly on the watch as well.

Open messenger on IPhone first and then on apple watch.

This has worked for me.

Rgds

Woj

Jun 2, 2020 5:23 AM in response to KGPaul

Hi Guys,

My above post was incorrect,can not edit anymore.

I had the same problem with my series 5 yesterday.

I did remove messenger from Apple wach first,directly from watch,

Then removed from Iphone and,

Then install again on IPhone from apple store and install on apple watch

from apple store directly on the watch as well.

Open messenger on IPhone first and then on apple watch.

This has worked for me.

Rgds

Woj

Jun 2, 2020 6:05 PM in response to KGPaul

So I tried all the steps listed above in the others post.. None of that worked. UNTIL- I redownloaded the app on my watch (from the actual watch) and my phone! Then I clicked messenger, and logged out of the current account on Messenger and relogged in with FB username and password... low and behold, the watch began loading all messages!!

Try this. Also make sure it is up to date

hope this helps!

Jun 2, 2020 10:49 PM in response to KGPaul

I have Apple Watch Series 3, newest software installed on my watch & my iPhone XR, and I have the same problem. I bought my watch a couple days ago. The first day I got my watch, I had to reinstall the app, unpair & repair my watch, reset my watch. Nothing helped. I tried the re-installing method, and it worked fine for like 10 minutes. After that, the same message comes up again. And for me, I don't see Apple Watch settings on my Messenger. It's been a couple days since I bought my watch, and this bothers me alot.

“Log in from the paired iPhone” coming up on Facebook Messenger app on Apple Watch series 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.