Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Archive old mails to my computer using mac mail application.

Hi ,

How to manually archive old emails through mac mail application?.

I Need to move emails from mail server to my local computer. Same like mail archiving (.pst)through outlook in windows .

Operating system MAC Mojave

Please help .

Posted on May 30, 2020 1:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2020 2:39 PM

Create Mailboxes in the On My Mac section.

Then, drag emails from the server mailboxes into the On My Mac mailboxes.

You could create a Smart Mailbox that would find all emails older than a given time. You could then Select all of those and drag them into the On My Mac Mailboxes.

If you need to organize them more than just one folder, you could create several Smart Folders that would filter by other criteria.

You could also make rules that would move the older emails into the desired On My Mac mailboxes.

The Rules and Smart Mailboxes use similar criteria to find emails, but you could use a Smart Mailbox in conjunction with a Rule to move the messages.

You would have to run the Rules manually as they only work automatically on messages that arrive into the Inbox, so those would never be old.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 30, 2020 2:39 PM in response to tvrmsk

Create Mailboxes in the On My Mac section.

Then, drag emails from the server mailboxes into the On My Mac mailboxes.

You could create a Smart Mailbox that would find all emails older than a given time. You could then Select all of those and drag them into the On My Mac Mailboxes.

If you need to organize them more than just one folder, you could create several Smart Folders that would filter by other criteria.

You could also make rules that would move the older emails into the desired On My Mac mailboxes.

The Rules and Smart Mailboxes use similar criteria to find emails, but you could use a Smart Mailbox in conjunction with a Rule to move the messages.

You would have to run the Rules manually as they only work automatically on messages that arrive into the Inbox, so those would never be old.

Archive old mails to my computer using mac mail application.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.