Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 2018 15 inches

Hi! I bought an incredible MacBook Pro 2018 15 inches, maxed out to a guy who has used it no more than 10 times since he bought it, the week the machine got to the market.

It has only 10 cycles of battery usage and I cannot get more than 2/3 hours of battery using logic, or Lightroom.....

can it be that the battery needs to adapt the the usage maybe in the following days?

I've tried restarting smc and pram but nothing improved....

As well:

• iCloud is not active
  • Bluetooth off.
  • adaptive brightness and True Tone active

glad to hear your comments, It would really a bad thing if I had to change the battery of a MacBook that has been charged 10 times :s

Best

S

MacBook Pro 15”, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 30, 2020 6:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2020 7:58 PM

I agree with you with your thoughts on Battery performance. You would think that you would get at least 6 hours out of it or more. I would like you to note that running apps like Logic and/or LightRoom will use up energy faster than most when they are in use. Try opening some basic apps and then see how long the battery lasts. You can also check in ACTIVITY MONITOR which apps are active and using up the most CPU % and ENERGY. You can also check to see other background activity that may be going on causing battery drain.

You are right that the battery has only had about ten cycles on it and should perform a lot better.

There may be a few unknowns that may cause this type of battery behavior-

1. Could the battery have had a long period of no activity with 0% charge left? I am talking periods of weeks or months between uses?
  2. Could the MacBook Pro have been stored or placed in an environment with higher than normal ambient temperature for long periods of time?

Of course both of the above points can negatively impact battery performance. You wouldn't know if the above is applicable because you bought the MacBook Pro in 2020 and it was initially in the market since 2018. Just a few thoughts.

Axel F.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 30, 2020 7:58 PM in response to Jeharg

I agree with you with your thoughts on Battery performance. You would think that you would get at least 6 hours out of it or more. I would like you to note that running apps like Logic and/or LightRoom will use up energy faster than most when they are in use. Try opening some basic apps and then see how long the battery lasts. You can also check in ACTIVITY MONITOR which apps are active and using up the most CPU % and ENERGY. You can also check to see other background activity that may be going on causing battery drain.

You are right that the battery has only had about ten cycles on it and should perform a lot better.

There may be a few unknowns that may cause this type of battery behavior-

1. Could the battery have had a long period of no activity with 0% charge left? I am talking periods of weeks or months between uses?
  2. Could the MacBook Pro have been stored or placed in an environment with higher than normal ambient temperature for long periods of time?

Of course both of the above points can negatively impact battery performance. You wouldn't know if the above is applicable because you bought the MacBook Pro in 2020 and it was initially in the market since 2018. Just a few thoughts.

Axel F.

MacBook Pro 2018 15 inches

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.