Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connect HomePod Stereo Pair with MacMini Problem

Connect HomePod Stereo Pair with MacMini

Hi — I recently purchased a second HomePod to use alongside my original HomePod as computer speakers. I configured the two HomePods in stereo mode with ease — they sound fantastic.

However, I cannot seem to set the HomePod stereo pair as the sound output device on my Mac. Instead, System Preferences will only allow me to select a single HomePod. This is somewhat maddening since I can send audio from the Apple Music App to the HomePod stereo pair, and when I open the Home App on the Mac, the HomePods appear as a stereo pair. Yet, System Preferences only recognizes the individual HomePods and not the pair — a major inconsistency.

Can anyone help me to configure the HomePods in this way, or is this a lingering bug in macOS Catalina?

HomePod, 13

Posted on May 30, 2020 7:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 30, 2020 8:18 PM

It is a more general HomePod limitation. Stereo pairing for HomePods is supported in iTunes & Music, but not directly from OS X/macOS.

tt2

1 reply

Connect HomePod Stereo Pair with MacMini Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.