Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod mini paired and not working as stereo output for Mac mini M1 apart from Music app

I paired 2 HomePod mini's and they can play as a set from my Mac Mini M1 using the Music app but not Youtube.

I found this workaround on https://www.macrumors.com/2020/11/18/mac-system-audio-stereo-paired-homepods/ but it isn't exactly perfect. Anyone here know of a better solution?

Mac mini, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 22, 2021 10:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2021 8:15 PM

I did as no doubt many other users did too...

and lo and behold, Apple listened!!! who would've thunk!

"‌macOS Big Sur‌ 11.3 adds support for HomePod Stereo pairs, allowing a set of paired HomePods to be set as the default sound output option, with the two HomePods showing up as a single selectable speaker rather than separate as in prior versions of macOS"

I'm clicking the DOWNLOAD button right now for the public beta

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2021 8:15 PM in response to Michael Paine

I did as no doubt many other users did too...

and lo and behold, Apple listened!!! who would've thunk!

"‌macOS Big Sur‌ 11.3 adds support for HomePod Stereo pairs, allowing a set of paired HomePods to be set as the default sound output option, with the two HomePods showing up as a single selectable speaker rather than separate as in prior versions of macOS"

I'm clicking the DOWNLOAD button right now for the public beta

HomePod mini paired and not working as stereo output for Mac mini M1 apart from Music app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.