Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Songs auto-downloading after being added to the library

When I add a song to my library it is automatically downloaded to my iPad even though the auto-download option is turn off in the settings. This has started happening after the update to 13.5.

Do you guys have the same issue? Is it a known bug?

iPad Air, iPadOS 13

Posted on May 31, 2020 12:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2020 7:03 PM

Hey there teomor,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand songs are automatically being downloaded to your iPad when added to your library, even though this feature is turned off. I’ll be happy to help with this.

If this occurred after the most recent update, go to Settings > Music and turn Automatic Downloads on, then force close Music and Settings then restart your iPad:

How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Restart your iPad

Turn the feature back off and see if this issue continues to occur.

Take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2020 7:03 PM in response to teomor

Hey there teomor,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand songs are automatically being downloaded to your iPad when added to your library, even though this feature is turned off. I’ll be happy to help with this.

If this occurred after the most recent update, go to Settings > Music and turn Automatic Downloads on, then force close Music and Settings then restart your iPad:

How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Restart your iPad

Turn the feature back off and see if this issue continues to occur.

Take care.

Songs auto-downloading after being added to the library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.