Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Listen for Hey Siri doesnt work on brand new iPhone 11

Hi , yesterday i bought brand new iPhone 11, and now when i tried to turn on Listen for Hey Siri, i kept saying Hey Siri or Hey Siri send a message , and it says something like, Siri didnt hear quite , try again later. I went to icloud settings and turned siri off then went to Storage and disabled Siri , reseted iPhone and its same. I cant contact Apple Support because im from Serbia and there is no contact support for my country. Here are some pictures.

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on May 31, 2020 3:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2020 12:15 AM

This also happened to my Macbook Pro 13 inch 2019 and for months Hey Siri is not working I still have to click siri button to use siri but it turns out that an updating my macOS to the latest Catalina fixes it. I don't know if updating your ios will do the trick but you might wanna check if you are on the latest version of ios.

If not, do check this link

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207489

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2020 12:15 AM in response to SmakicPetar

This also happened to my Macbook Pro 13 inch 2019 and for months Hey Siri is not working I still have to click siri button to use siri but it turns out that an updating my macOS to the latest Catalina fixes it. I don't know if updating your ios will do the trick but you might wanna check if you are on the latest version of ios.

If not, do check this link

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207489

Jun 1, 2020 12:11 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

The problem is when i say one instruction like "Hey siri l, send a message" and she says: Siri didnt quite get that, try again. And then you again say Hey siri, send a message and she again says same thing and its going over and over and again.

I saw the video on YouTube with Indian guy explains how to Turn On Listen for Hey Siri and with his funny Indian accent Siri accepts what he says. So there is no problem in accent or anythhing like that. If there is no problem in software or IOS i think the problem is angle of talking to microphone. I also gived my brother to try and he succed!! I don't know how but he Said everything she wanted in 5 seconds and Siri Said something like Listen for Hey siri Set! Then i had to reset it because only his voice could activate Siri again.

Jun 1, 2020 12:14 AM in response to SmakicPetar

Siri does not recognise voices. Even if you keep your iPhone near a TV it will fetch sound and voices from TV and respond with what ever it interprets.

Siri was never designed on an iPhone for recognising voices. When you enable "Hey Sir " it may ask you to say few words and phrases just to understand you better but never to recognise your voice.

Siri uses speech recognition and not voice recognition

Jun 1, 2020 12:19 AM in response to SmakicPetar

If it was a software problem I would have it too. But my iPhone is fine with Hey Siri.

I have iPhone 4S iOS 9.3.6, iPhone 6 12.4.7, iPhone SE iOS 13.5, iPhone 8 iOS 13.5 and an iPad Pro iPadOS 13.5. Prior to that I had iPhone 3GS which is not working any more.

I have been updating all these devices whenever a new iOS is released. I have never encountered any issue whatsoever after any update because I have never downloaded anything over internet directly. Always used apps from App Store only.

Listen for Hey Siri doesnt work on brand new iPhone 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.