Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri respondes to another person

Hi,

when I or someone else say Hey Siri, each device (iOS 13.5) at home respondes - mine and girlfriends. I have tried everything: restarting Siri settings, factory settings, new Apple ID... Nothing works.

It´s highly annoying. Please help.

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on May 31, 2020 3:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2020 3:58 AM

Siri does not recognise voices. Even if you keep your iPhone near a TV it will fetch sound and voices from TV and respond with what ever it interprets.

Siri was never designed on an iPhone for recognising voices. When you enable "Hey Sir " it may ask you to say few words and phrases just to understand you better but never to recognise your voice.

Siri uses speech recognition and not voice recognition

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 31, 2020 3:58 AM in response to ondranovo

Siri does not recognise voices. Even if you keep your iPhone near a TV it will fetch sound and voices from TV and respond with what ever it interprets.

Siri was never designed on an iPhone for recognising voices. When you enable "Hey Sir " it may ask you to say few words and phrases just to understand you better but never to recognise your voice.

Siri uses speech recognition and not voice recognition

Siri respondes to another person

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.