Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to find Battery Health Management on MacBook with MacOS 10.5.15?

I updated my MacBook to MacOS 10.5.15, but the battery health management tool does not appear in the energy saver window as shown in the Apple Support article. I can't find the feature anywhere. Any ideas why this could be?

MacBook, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 31, 2020 8:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2020 8:58 AM

OppoGer wrote:

I updated my MacBook to MacOS 10.5.15, but the battery health management tool does not appear in the energy saver window as shown in the Apple Support article. I can't find the feature anywhere. Any ideas why this could be?

Mac laptops with Thunderbolt 3 ports— That equates to all

MacBook Pro models released since late 2016 and the Retina-capable MacBook Air models released since 2018.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 31, 2020 8:58 AM in response to OppoGer

OppoGer wrote:

Mac laptops with Thunderbolt 3 ports— That equates to all

MacBook Pro models released since late 2016 and the Retina-capable MacBook Air models released since 2018.

May 31, 2020 8:48 AM in response to OppoGer

It is only available on Macs that have Thunderbolt 3 ports. The MacBook does not have Thunderbolt 3.

See the following from About battery health management in Mac notebooks - Apple Support

Battery health management is on by default when you buy a new Mac notebook with macOS 10.15.5, or after you upgrade to macOS 10.15.5 on a Mac notebook with Thunderbolt 3 port

May 31, 2020 8:52 AM in response to OppoGer

How old is your macbook? From support.apple.com:

“How to control the battery health management feature

Battery health management is on by default when you buy a new Mac notebook with macOS 10.15.5, or after you upgrade to macOS 10.15.5 on a Mac notebook with Thunderbolt 3 ports.

If you want to turn it off, follow these steps:

1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu , then click Energy Saver.
  2. Click Battery Health.
  3. Deselect Battery health management, then click OK.”

May 31, 2020 9:24 AM in response to OppoGer

Don’t worry. Your macbook will still work fine. Not every macbook user needs this feature. From icreate.magazine.nl:

“The new feature is enabled by default on your MacBook. But you may prefer not to. Because although your battery lasts longer in the long term, it does mean that your battery only charges up to eighty percent and so you have to hang it on the power faster. Not useful if you need it hard enough every minute. Treacherous here is that the battery icon in the menu bar indicates one hundred percent, because that is the optimal state.”

How to find Battery Health Management on MacBook with MacOS 10.5.15?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.