Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

crossfade on MacOS Music Version 1.0.4.15 (formally iTunes) NOT working

on newest MacOS Catalina - crossfade is NOT working, which is very annoying...

preferences -> playback -> crossfade songs box checked -> set to 12sec = nothing

preferences -> playback -> crossfade songs box checked -> set to 5sec = nothing

preferences -> playback -> crossfade songs box unchecked -> same as above/ no crossfade

Any suggestions??

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 31, 2020 8:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2020 8:06 AM

There is a potential difference when AirPlay is selected within iTunes or Music, and when selected from the Mac's volume control. The later can allow crossfade, I don't think the former normally does but Apple can always change this. Sequential tracks from the same album will be played as is which allows for any gapless transition to play as intended.

tt2

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2020 8:06 AM in response to gregsterbrowne

There is a potential difference when AirPlay is selected within iTunes or Music, and when selected from the Mac's volume control. The later can allow crossfade, I don't think the former normally does but Apple can always change this. Sequential tracks from the same album will be played as is which allows for any gapless transition to play as intended.

tt2

Jun 2, 2020 6:14 AM in response to turingtest2

Hey Man, guessing from your picture you are indeed a man, if not, sorry M'am :)

Many thanks for your swift reply!

for one:

it's really weird that crossfade is not expected to work when playing tracks from the same album or when playing/sending through airplay. I certainly expect MY crossfade to work as I set it :) it's weird that a program should decide what my options are, considering there is an option to set crossfade the way I want and not the way the program wants. but that is a philosophical question about free will and so on :)

secondly:

I do indeed play songs through airplay, sending it through my old airport express to my stereo system. I have created my own playlists, and I'm guessing a playlist would resemble an entire album, so I get it now... if it were not for...

thirdly:

the crossfade started working maybe an hour ago :) I have no idea why but I'm happy it does, even when playing through airplay... at first I thought it might be that I started using the mini player window this morning, but I just checked and it works in the normal window too now... still playing one of my playlists, still sending to airplay... I swear to god, the old ones and the new, it was not working this morning...

sometimes computers do have a tendency to do or not do things they are supposed to do or not :)

ghost in a shell greetings

gregster

crossfade on MacOS Music Version 1.0.4.15 (formally iTunes) NOT working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.