Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage Super Slow after Upgrade to Mohave

I used to be able to click the iMessage icon in the dock and immediately see my messages. After upgrading from High Sierra to Mohave, I now have to wait 20 seconds for the app to open up. Why? How do I fix this?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on May 31, 2020 10:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2020 10:11 AM

Hi jh100,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. I understand you are having difficulties with iMessage in macOS Mojave. I'd be happy to assist.

Before we continue further do you have a backup? If not that's alright. It's always recommended to have a backup before troubleshooting potential issues. If you'd like to make a backup here is a great resource: Back up your Mac with Time Machine

After you have performed a back up the first step I would recommend is signing out and back in to iMessage on your Mac. Here is a resource that goes over iMessage preferences and how to sign out: Change iMessage preferences in Messages on Mac

If your issue is still persisting your next step would be to further isolate your issue within a test account. Here is a great resource on using a test account to troubleshoot an issue: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

Enjoy your day.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2020 10:11 AM in response to jh100

Hi jh100,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. I understand you are having difficulties with iMessage in macOS Mojave. I'd be happy to assist.

Before we continue further do you have a backup? If not that's alright. It's always recommended to have a backup before troubleshooting potential issues. If you'd like to make a backup here is a great resource: Back up your Mac with Time Machine

After you have performed a back up the first step I would recommend is signing out and back in to iMessage on your Mac. Here is a resource that goes over iMessage preferences and how to sign out: Change iMessage preferences in Messages on Mac

If your issue is still persisting your next step would be to further isolate your issue within a test account. Here is a great resource on using a test account to troubleshoot an issue: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

Enjoy your day.

iMessage Super Slow after Upgrade to Mohave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.