Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Download handling default

At present, all my downloads (at least the PDFs) default to the Download folder. My default browser, Firefox, allows selecting the folder to which to download, but does not seem to offer an option to open the download without saving. I seem to recall being given such an option in the past, but haven't found such through the help selection in firefox or on the iMAC. I really don't want to save every download, and now am unable to view the PDFs on a genealogical site I use. I would much prefer to be given an option each time to either open or save when downloading. Is there some setting I'm missing either in Firefox or on the iMAC itself? OS High Sierra 10.13.6; 2017 21.5 ",

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 10.13

Posted on May 31, 2020 1:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2020 1:36 PM

A browsers downloading settings will be handled through the browsers preferences.

2 replies

Download handling default

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.