Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I send an email from my Yahoo account to an iPhone user my name appears in the email. How to make that stop?

I have three of my email addresses set up in mail on my iPhone. I seldom actually check my email via my phone (except when out of town). I typically use a brower runing Linux. Why is it that my name appears in the from field when I send a message to an iPhone user that is not one of my contacts? I sent a message to a customer support in China, and now they know my name. This is unacceptable.

Oh, let me guess you will delete this question like you do all the rest of my questions?

iPhone X, iOS 12

Posted on May 31, 2020 1:52 PM

5 replies

Jun 5, 2020 7:57 PM in response to FoxFifth

The Yahoo "send name" is my nickname, and that is what I want to use. If I email someone using an Android phone, browser, etc, my nickname appears in the "from" field. But if I send an email to anyone using an Apple product it shows my real name on my credit card that I used with my Apple account. Nobody seems to know how to fix that.

I recently sent a tip to a news reporter. I was shocked when she emailed me back and asked me if she coudl quote me with my real name. I had no idea that I have been brodcasting my real name since 2012. I have sent many tips to the newspapers and even to the police (trying to be a good citizen).

When I send an email from my Yahoo account to an iPhone user my name appears in the email. How to make that stop?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.