Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I find my iPhone if Find My app is not loaded?

Hi

I lost my iPhone. It is not loaded with the Find My app. (Dumb me) The phone was on as was the WiFi. When friends call my phone it rolls immediately to my voice mail. Is that an indication that my battery is still holding charge? If I go to the Apple store will they be able to find it ?

Any ideas?

Canyoneerguy

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on May 31, 2020 3:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2020 3:25 PM

If the phone is going straight to voicemail, it would seem the battery is dead. Anyway, if you had not activated Find My iPhone, you would not be able to track it anyway. Apple, or no one else will be able to track it either. If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

4 replies

May 31, 2020 3:25 PM in response to Canyonhiker1

The fact that it immediately goes to voicemail is a sign that the phone is turned off or the battery is dead or it doesn't ave cellualr service.

The Find My app comes per-installed on the phone and cannot be deleted but if you didn't turn on Find My in the phone settings, then it can't be located even if it did have power and cellular service. If that option was not turned on in Settngs there is no other Apple service that will locate it.

The following link has more information and some other things that you may want to do: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

How do I find my iPhone if Find My app is not loaded?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.