Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If my iPhone got stolen. Is not.

First Question - If my iPhone got stolen, and my only option is to erase it remotely from any computer through icloud.com. Will this erase everything like calendar, notes, reminders, apps of my banks, emails that i have link in the iPhone settings like gmails on the Password & Accounts in settings on my stolen iPhone?

Second Question - If the thief turn off or power off my iPhone, can i still erase it via remotely or computer? Does the iPhone needs to be on and connected to wifi to be able to erase? How does it work?

Please help i recently experience a robbery, someone stole my sister phone she does not have an iPhone but this event trigger questions for me. Like how is my stuff and identity protected on an iPhone? Thanks in advance.

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on May 31, 2020 4:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2020 4:59 PM

It erases all tour data.

It will erase the next time it is connected to WiFi.

See the Apple Support article(s) below.

Find My iPhone - Erase your device      

2 replies

May 31, 2020 5:15 PM in response to zulma51

To do anything with Find My the device has to be powered on and must have a live internet connection (can be WiFi or can be a cellular data connection).

Also note that anyone can erase a device by restoring it as new in iTunes, and many thieves will simply do that quickly anyway. As long as you leave that device associated with Find My in your iCloud account, activation lock will prevent anyone from setting it up and using themselves.

In the USA all the carriers cooperate in a nationwide universal blacklist, that is also used by all Canadian carriers and all or most carriers in Mexico. So if your device is stolen report it to the carrier to get it out on the blacklist.

Many carriers in other nations also blacklist reported stolen or lost devices, although those blacklists may only be carrier specific in many places.

If my iPhone got stolen. Is not.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.