Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to erase a stolen iPhone?

My iPhone got Stolen in Mexico a week ago. I reported it stolen but today it said someone in Mexico City was trying to log into my iCloud. I changed the password & logged every other device out but is there any way I can swipe that phone of pictures and stuff?

I have pictures of my children SS#’s and everything.

iPhone 8

Posted on Jan 29, 2022 3:48 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Jan 29, 2022 4:31 PM in response to Asj069_

Presumably you had a passcode on the phone; that will protect your content.

Beware of a common phishing scam: You may get a text or email from “Apple” or “Apple Security” (or sometimes “Police”) saying your phone has been found and to click on a link to see its location. This is NEVER from Apple or from law enforcement; it is from the thief or fence to steal your Apple ID and identity. Delete any such message without responding to it.

Jan 29, 2022 4:12 PM in response to Asj069_

No.

This will just erase the contents, or more accurately erase your iCloud account from that device. It will also erase any bank cards you have in Apple Pay from working on that device. If that device was used as part of any two factor authentication it will also de-authorise that device.

Essentially it wipes it clean and removes the accounts from the device. But you data stored in the cloud (any cloud service) will still be there up to the point that device uploaded.

If you can see everything on your new device then it's there for you.

How to erase a stolen iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.