Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery draining very fast

So I've got a 2019 MacBook Pro 16-inch that I bought brand new early this year and I'm having serious battery issues with it. For example this morning it drained from 100% to flat in 1 - 1.5 hours. I did have a quite a few safari pages open (I'm in uni and have a lot to do at the moment maybe like 25-35 pages) and so I had a look online and read that restarting it can help and so I did but I'm still being told that safari is using significant energy but I only have 7 pages open now. The battery health is still registering as normal so I'm not sure why this is happening. Is there any way to determine if there is a battery fault that needs to be fixed without going into an apple store? I live in rural North Queensland and I'm only going to be able to get back to one around August so any way I can find out what's wrong would be very helpful in getting around the issue until I can get it properly checked/serviced.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 31, 2020 6:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2020 8:04 PM

Hi,

Resetting SMC could solve the issue.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295

Similar questions

1 reply

Battery draining very fast

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.